Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Family for Me

When I was in college, I had one subject that I love the most - Sosiologi Keluarga (Familial Sociology). I love that subject because for me the family is number two after my religious thing.

What is the definition of "family"?

According to Free Dictionary, "family" has 11 definitions as a noun and 2 definitions as an adjective. In this case, I only pick 5 definitions of family as a noun:
  1. A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.
  2. Two or more people who share goals and values, have a long term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place.
  3. All the members of a household under one roof.
  4. A group of persons sharing common ancestry.
  5. Lineage, especially distinguished lineage.
While according to here, a family is a primary social group, a small community, in any society, typically consisting of a man and a woman, or any two individuals who wish to share their lives together in a long-term committed relationship with one another, raising offspring and usually reside in the same dwelling.

Family is the main building block of community; family structure and upbringing determines the social character and personality of any given society. Family is where we all learn: love, caring, compassion, ethics, honesty, fairness, common sense, reason, peaceful conflict resolution and respect for ourselves and others, which are the vital fundamental skills, and family values, necessary to live an honorable and prospers life in harmony, in the world community.

Wikipedia define family as a group of people of animals (many species form the equivalent of a human family wherein the adults care for the young) affiliated by consanguinity, affinity or co-residence.




Keluarga Martohaditomo
These are the second, third, fourth, and fifth generation of Martohaditomos

My Little Sister and I
Partner in Bed, Partner in Fight, Partner in front of the Camera
Teman tidur, teman berantem, teman narsis


My Brother, My Lil Sister, and I
Life is Nothing without them
Hidup sepi tanpa mereka

My Sister, My Brother-in-law, My Lil Sister, and I
Life wouldn't be Life without them

Di dalam sebuah keluarga, tidak selamanya selalu penuh canda, tawa, dan kasih sayang.
Terkadang bisa penuh dengan teriakan amarah, kepedihan, dan tangis air mata.
Tapi dari situlah gw belajar untuk semakin mencintai keluarga gw.
Di saat kawan menghilang, pacar menjauh, hanya keluarga yang akan selalu ada.
Karena tanpa keluarga, gw bukan apa-apa.
Karena tanpa keluarga, gw ga bisa jadi apa-apa.



2 comments:

anak nelayan said...

mampir yaa hehehehe

Ge said...

aku jadi kangen keluarga besarku juga nech
Luv them 2